In October 1997 Seafish (Falklands) Ltd, their current parent company, bought Goodwin Offshore Ltd, along with Frewin Chandlery Ltd from Tooie Goodwin the fellow shareholders and in November 1997 changed the name to Seafish Chandlery Ltd.
The Chandlery currently offers a diverse range of products. As well as imported products, they have a great range of fresh local produce. They also sell homeware and lifestyle products, supply wholesale and distribute specialist items for the oil, fishing, cruise ship and food service industries.
They pride themselves in being a local company, owned by local shareholders with people at the heart of everything they do. Currently there are two supermarkets one based in the Falkland Islands and the other in the Ascension Islands.
Seafish Chandlery explained to us that they are the main food and drink retailer in the Falkland Islands. They were currently running 4 tills on the shop floor and one till in the warehouse. They would require epos access from another 5 points. Apart from all the obvious epos functions they were more importantly looking for the new system to include the bulleted points below:
- The ability to export to everyday commonly used programmes i.e Microsoft Office and Sage accounting
- The system to create a forecasted purchase order over a specific period of time to allow monthly shipments to replenish stock
- Shipping payments are mandatory due to the distance from the UK. They require a field to have a case cubic measurement which would be calculated by a set freight rate. They also require fields for cost price, freight costs and combined totals (which could be separated). This would also stand for all duty added products which would require an additional field for duty breakdown
- They require a wide range of bespoke reports to show customer activity at tills, average baskets, discounts, slowest sellers and also integrate with sage 50 regarding reports and customer accounts.
- Case Sales – They need to be able to deduct case quantities as well as units.
- They would like to be able to enter customer orders onto a system that will then produce a picking list and customer invoice immediately.
- Can we offer system support due to different time zones
- Real-time procedures. They would like to get all daily activities processed remotely on Wi-Fi capable handhelds enabling them to perform live stock checks and price changes and deliver warehouse entries as they happen.
- Require an easy to use labelling system for each product automatically producing shelf edge labels or bespoke labels required for certain products and designated station.
Taking all the customer’s requirements into consideration we were able to build a solution to meet all their needs. Our software is used significantly in Fast Moving Consumer Goods and Mixed Retail environments. With its scalability we were able to accommodate the additional users and retail outlets across two different countries.
Our software is developed by our in-house development team using Microsoft Development languages and databases therefore integrating data between our system and spread sheets was easily achievable. Along with Sage reporting, streetwise also offered a comprehensive range of management reports to cover all their needs.
We have significant expertise in Stock replenishment including Stock rotation and Sell-by date Management. We also hold Cubic measurements and dimensions at product level for calculation of shipping costs. Our Streetwise customer ordering module includes replenishment algorithms that were configured to suite their requirements. Giving Seafish Chandlery the vital missing link they needed.
On completion of product set up in streetwise it then allowed them to allocate a net cost, up to 5 cost modifiers and the gross cost field. With an option to add freight and duty charges to the net total before the gross is calculated. Finally allowing any purchase order to supplier to contain the net cost only.
Streetwise manages the sale of a product, both in the retail and wholesale environment. This meant they could now manage the processing of customer orders from when they place the order though to picking and fulfilment. And with the install of wireless devices both instore and at the warehouse it enabled them to perform a range of functions remotely including stock checks, price changes and goods received as they happen.
A successful change over took place with our team onsite in the Falklands. Upon completion a maintenance agreement was put in place so that their store was given the correct support at the appropriate times.
It has been a pleasure working with them.
Following the success of Seafish Chandlery Falkland Islands RCS were delighted to be asked to work with them again to open their second retail outlet